Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Why Choose UW-Madison?

College could be one of the most stressful words in a young adult’s life, or at least it was in mine.  You had to choose between thousands of universities to decide the fate of the rest of your life.  So many thoughts ran through my mind.  Do I go in-state?  Should I pick the hard school that won’t be fun?  What am I going to major in?  All these questions had to be answered before I decided my path for the next four years.  Finally I found the school that was me, and I would never change a thing now that I attend it.  UW-Madison was the perfect choice.  

            Now that I attend UW-Madison, I realized there is no other school like it.  The combination of academic opportunities, social life, and school sports is unlike any other college.  To top off this school, it is located in the city of Madison, which is always alive.  Seeing State Street on a beautiful day or Camp Randall on game day is something everyone should experience.  The teachers are some of the best in the country, and the school provides a good, strong education in every major from Astronomy all the way to Zoology.  Nightlife is unexplainable until you have visited the school yourself.  UW-Madison is a life changing experience, and I believe any person that gets accepted should seriously consider attending this university.  My blog is called, “Why Choose Madison?” and I want people to share their social, academic, sports, and just overall experiences at UW-Madison to help those trying to decide their school.

2 comments:

  1. I originally committed to attending the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, but my parents encouraged me to apply to Madison. When I got accepted, I toured, and changed my mind and I couldn't be happier! I love it here...the best part about this school is that everyone who goes here has the chance to make it their own experience! There are so many different opportunities and ways to get involved that this school has pretty much anything that anyone could ever be looking for. I'm so happy with my choice and can't wait to spend the next few years here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attending UW-Madison has been one of the best choices I've ever made. This school has provided me with great experiences that I will never forget. I have met some wonderful people here that have taught me a lot and have shaped who I am. The variety of classes I've taken have been amazing and my professors equally so and the academic challenges I've overcome have made me grow as a student and made realize that Im capable of doing so much more than I imagined. So far, I wouldn't trade the experiences I've had here for anything!!

    ReplyDelete